- Boise Dispatch
- Central Idaho Dispatch
- Coeur d'Alene Dispatch
- Eastern Idaho Dispatch
- South Central Idaho Dispatch
- Grangeville Dispatch
- Payette Dispatch
- Current Wildland Fire Info
- Idaho Fire Restriction Information
- Fire Prevention & Safety Tips
- RX Fire
- Fuels and Fire Danger
- NWS Fire Weather
- Sammy Quest to Save the West Activity Book! COMING SOON!!
Monday, May 23, 2016
Wildfire Awareness Events offered in Orofino and Grangeville
The month of May has been officially proclaimed as Wildfire Awareness Month in seven western states, including Idaho. In an effort to help educate homeowners about how to better fire-proof their homes and communities from wildfire, as well as how the public can help firefighters reduce the number of human-caused wildfires, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is focusing on three key message points during the month of May: Plan. Prepare. Prevent.
PLAN on becoming Firewise by identifying and mitigating the hazards around your home. Visit www.idahofirewise.org for more information.
PREPARE by creating survivable space to protect your home.
PREVENT wildfires by using caution with equipment that can cause a spark.
Based on this theme, the BLM Coeur d’Alene District, in cooperation with staff from the North Idaho Fire Prevention Cooperative, will host several Wildfire Awareness events focused on fire tolerant landscaping and creating defensible space around homes. The events are free and open to the public:
· Orofino, Idaho: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at Green Things Nursery (located at 13910 US Hwy 12), from 3:00 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.
· Grangeville, Idaho: Wednesday, May 25 at Green Acres Nursery (located at 125 Greenacres Lane off of Hwy 95), from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
For more information on wildland fire prevention and community preparedness, please visit the following websites: www.idahofireinfocom or www.fireadaptedorg. And be sure to follow @BLMIdahoFire on Twitter for updates on fire prevention events, tips for fire preparedness, and current wildland fire information.