- Boise Dispatch
- Central Idaho Dispatch
- Coeur d'Alene Dispatch
- Eastern Idaho Dispatch
- South Central Idaho Dispatch
- Grangeville Dispatch
- Payette Dispatch
- Current Wildland Fire Info
- Idaho Fire Restriction Information
- Fire Prevention & Safety Tips
- RX Fire
- Fuels and Fire Danger
- NWS Fire Weather
- Sammy Quest to Save the West Activity Book! COMING SOON!!
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Cooler Temps Aid Firefighter Efforts
– Mild temperatures and light winds helped firefighters to strengthen existing containment lines and continue new line construction . Aerial resources dropped water along the fireline west of Little Hole in the Wall Canyon and containment lines connecting Beaver Creek Summit north to the South Fork Payette River and Highway 17. Crews worked through the night to prevent the fire’s spread to the west. Highway 17 remains closed due to active fire and debris falling into the road. Firefighters also continued working to build fireline to further protect Lowman from the north. On the northeast corner of the fire, firefighters continued constructing line near the confluence of Trapper Creek and Crooked River.
TODAY – The Southern Area Blue Type-1 Team assumes command of the Pioneer Fire from the Great Basin Team-1 today. Crews plan to take advantage of predicted cool conditions today to continue gaining ground around the fire. The southwest corner of the fire is expected to go into patrol status diverting resources to work other more active areas of the fire. Crews will continue to strengthen containment lines along the southeastern perimeter as it slowly burns in previous burn scars. Firefighters continue to build and strengthen line in the northeast corner near Crooked River as well as containment lines to the north and west of Lowman.
Highway 21 is open to public traffic. Highway 17 remains closed as fire personnel continue to work in this area. The incident management team wishes to remind the public to use caution when driving through the fire area. Areas of reduced visibility, some isolated burning, and ongoing rehabilitation work are still present along the highway.
SMOKE INFORMATION – Idaho smoke information can be found at https://idsmoke.blogspot.com
FIRE RESTRICTIONS – Please check fire restrictions at http://www.idahofireinfo.com/
AREA CLOSURE - http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/
boise/alerts-notices and inciweb.nwcg.gov
Information is also available at https://www.facebook.com/
Pioneer-Fire-682201165260518/ or email to email@example.com.
DRONES – IF YOU FLY, WE CAN’T! The use of unauthorized drones over the wildfire is prohibited and requires all firefighting aircraft to park until drones are removed.