- Boise Dispatch
- Central Idaho Dispatch
- Coeur d'Alene Dispatch
- Eastern Idaho Dispatch
- South Central Idaho Dispatch
- Grangeville Dispatch
- Payette Dispatch
- Current Wildland Fire Info
- Idaho Fire Restriction Information
- Fire Prevention & Safety Tips
- RX Fire
- Fuels and Fire Danger
- NWS Fire Weather
- Sammy Quest to Save the West Activity Book! COMING SOON!!
Thursday, October 6, 2016
Immediate Forest Road Closure for Commercial Hazard Tree Removal
Kamiah, Idaho ( - The Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests have completed several roadside hazard tree removal project analyses and will immediately begin removing hazard trees impacted by the 2015 fires. Road closures are necessary for public health and safety during emergency roadside hazard tree removal operations.)
Immediate road closures are in effect for:
Salmon River Ranger District – Teepee Fire Area
· FS Road 536 (Keating Ridge) - from the junction of Forest Service Road 221 to the junction of Forest Service Road 441.
After completing operations on Forest Service road 536, equipment and operators will move to Forest Service Road 221. Work along the road will require a portion of the road to be closed. Information will be released when the anticipated closure is effective and is described as follows:
· FS Road 221 (Grangeville-Salmon Road) - from the junction of Forest Service Road 221G to the junction of Keating Ridge Road, Forest Service Road 536. The closure will be in effect weekdays only between , Pacific Daylight Time. The road will be open on weekdays from , through , and on weekends.
According to Acting District Ranger Scott Godfrey, “We’re working hard to minimize impacts to hunters and other visitors. However, we need to implement these hazard tree removal projects as quickly as possible to address safety and to recover as much value as possible from the trees before they deteriorate. Our window of opportunity is brief.”
Visitors are strongly encouraged to check the Forests’ webpage at www.fs.usda.gov/
nezperceclearwater for updated information on closures and delays.
For more information on Salmon River Ranger District closures, contact the Salmon River Ranger District Office at 208-839-2211 or the Grangeville Office at 208-983-1950.